Sherfield School’s mission is to educate honest and responsible young people who can meet modern challenges. Our motto: “ad vitam paramus” (we prepare for life) sums up our school community goals.
Sherfield pupils are reflective, engaged and dynamic. They work individually and collaboratively. Students learn to respect everyone regardless of sex, race, colour, age, creed or disability.
Our core values are Leading through Innovation, Pursuing Excellence, Growing by Learning and Global Citizenship. These values are central to our collaborative relationship with parents.
Come and see us at Sherfield and experience our ethos. Contact us on email@example.com.
Sherfield mission and aims
We aim to provide:
- A broad, balanced, differentiated and creative curriculum incorporating GEMS core values
- Equal opportunities for all regardless of sex, race, colour, age, creed or disability
- High quality teaching and learning
- A stimulating, challenging and positive ethos where everyone is valued and achievements are celebrated
- Opportunities for parents to support their children’s education and the life of the school.
We aim to enable each pupil to:
- Develop morally, socially, culturally and spiritually embracing the GEMS core values of Leading Through Innovation, Pursuing Excellence, Growing by Learning and Global Citizenship
- Value learning and to be reliable, honest, resourceful, flexible and responsible
- Develop a positive self-image with the ability to express himself or herself confidently
- Become aware of the needs of others, developing a caring, supportive and responsible attitude
- Be able to work individually and in groups encouraging and helping others
- Work hard; reflect upon progress; set challenging targets; achieve the highest standards possible
- Use new technologies appropriately to enhance his or her learning
- Take part in a wide range of activities contributing fully to the life of the school.
Leading through innovation - Find the courage to challenge convention
- We dare to dream of the possibilities
- No idea is too small or too large if it makes things better for our learners and people
Pursuing excellence - Work to continually exceed expectations
- Just as we set educational standards for our schools, we ensure that everything we do is delivered to a high standard
- We go the extra mile for our students and our colleagues
Growing by learning - Strive to develop your potential
- Along with our students, we never stop learning
- Each and every one of us has the capacity for leadership
Global citizenship - Making an active contribution to your local and global community
- We respect and celebrate our diversity and recognise that there are many things that unite us all
- We make a difference in our local communities so that we can build a sustainable planet to share
- We build bridges of knowledge, push boundaries and unite young people.
- We aim to produce not just great students, but great people who live with honesty, confidence and integrity